Monday, June 21, 2010

My Mom's battle with Peripheral Neuropathy part 2







I will try to get my mom to write something in her own words. She is not computer literate, though she has improved a lot. She just started using computers a few short years ago. She has not had the benefit of growing up with them like so many of us.

There is so much awareness for diseases these days and so much money that is being raised for research and such. I know there is a lot on the internet about this disease, but I dont find much in the way of possible treatments, much less a cure.

According to my Mom, she has seen countless doctors and each one of them has said they could help, but so far, not one has.

She takes a cocktail of drugs. Its been so long, that its impossible to know what effect if any the drugs have. Its even possible that some of the drugs are making things worse, as drugs often do.

But she is afraid to stop taking any of these drugs for fear that it might make things worse or she will have to start all over again, which would be unbearable.

ok, I got sidetracked on this blog, so I will post her symptoms in another posting.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very scary. I wasn't aware that the foot pain neuropathy could be so painful. I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herbal Treatment for Peripheral Neuropathy read the Key Facts, Symptoms and Causes. Peripheral Neuropathy is a disorder that occurs when peripheral nerves malfunction because they are damaged.

    ReplyDelete